Alumni Updates Alumni Updates: Russian Studies

Dause Romanovich, Karen (Class of 2002)

Karen (Dause) Romanovich (’02) “I think the last time I saw you was perhaps after my first year in Kazakhstan? I spent a total of three years in Kazakhstan, the first in Karaganda and the last two in Kokshetau. Then I moved to Wheaton, Illinois for grad school in Biblical Exegesis (where I was pleasantly surprised that Russian grammar gave me a head start on Greek grammar).  Even more surprising was the number of Russian speakers I became connected with in the area.  I found out about a small Russian congregation at a local American church, and began attending there as a way to ease back into life in the US.  A year later (2005), a number of Meskhetian Turkish refugees moved into our area from Russia.  I became good friends (and a ready resource) for them, and continue to spend lots of time with them.
A little over a year ago, I married Vadim Romanovich, the son of one of the Russian-speaking couples in the Russian fellowship I had been attending. He is originally from Latvia and I have enjoyed being a part of his family and culture.  So, I do keep up with my Russian, though still with many mistakes.” (update: 2008)

Consultations with your supervisor if this is your first time in writing a research paper, it is advisable to consult with your https://admission-writer.com professor or supervisor on what your steps should be.