Graduates 2012-2013

Kevin Mahoney ’13 Senior Profile: Chinese Studies

Mahoney, KevinI am a Chinese and Finance Double-Major originally from Chesapeake, Virginia. On campus I am involved with the Undergraduate Honor Council, Tribe Rugby, Kappa Sigma Fraternity, and a few volunteer organizations. This summer I will be participating in the South China Internship Program in Guangzhou, China. Afterwards I will return to William and Mary to finish up business classes in the fall and then seek full-time employment in China for a few years. Ultimately I plan to pursue a J.D. /M.B.A. Studying Chinese has made learning over the past four years exciting and challenging. I have learned to communicate with people from a different part of the world and how to go about exploring their culture. I now am able to think globally and conduct research in multiple languages. Furthermore, I have gained the ability to recite lyrics of sheer ecstasy into the ears of listeners through Chinese poetry. Finally, and most importantly, I have made lifelong relationships with classmates and faculty.