Graduates 2016-2017

Abe Kruger ’17 Senior Profile: Chinese Studies

My Chinese studies began with a study abroad trip to Beijing in the summer of 2012 and I have enjoyed studying Chinese ever since. Now, five years later, the Chinese program plays a major role in my life at William & Mary. As my Chinese skills have grown, so has my involvement with Chinese organizations on campus. In 2015, I went back to Beijing, this time studying at Tsinghua University with the W&M study abroad program. Then, in 2016, I began working for the W&M Confucius Institute, which has been a great experience because I had the opportunity to both work with fantastic people and develop my Chinese skills. The Chinese program always offers interesting, well-organized courses that engage students with the material. But, the Chinese program really excels because of its knowledgeable, fun, and caring professors. Some of my favorite professors at W&M are teach Chinese. I plan to cultivate my Chinese language skills as a lifelong endeavor, and I have the W&M Chinese program to thank for that.