Alumni Updates Alumni Updates: French & Francophone Studies

Odell, Clara (Class of 2004)

Clara Odell ’04 writes about her experiences in France: “Returning to France as a teaching assistant was, for me, the perfect choice of what to do after graduation. My time in Albi was fulfilling in terms of gaining teaching experience and living in a beautiful Southwestern French town, but it also, in combination with my junior year abroad in Montpellier, clinched my realisation that speaking French and being immersed in French and Francophone culture is a necessity for whatever I do in life. My goal for next year is to study Francophone Literature in Paris, and later down the road get a Masters in Conflict Analysis and Resolution, hopefully looking into the role of culture and cross-cultural communication in conflict situations. So basically, to sum it all up, I really like baguettes and couscous, and that’s why I keep going back.”

While a transaction of higher amount will be possible, it would require retailers to upgrade their point of snap to apprehend sale terminals, which not many are interested in doing as it will require a heavy investment from them.