Graduates 2015-2016

Ryan Durazo ’16 Senior Profile: Hispanic Studies

durazoI can barely begin to describe the impact the Hispanic Studies major has had on my life; even the friendships I have today wouldn’t have been possible without my time in the Casa Hispánica. I’ll always remember the classes that brought to life the stories of the Spanish speaking world, classes like Prof. Greenia’s “Hispanic Folktales” and Prof. Longo’s “Cien años de soledad”. The major also undeniably prepared me to make the most out of the La Plata, Argentina exchange program. I know so much of the meaning behind powerful interactions with former political prisoners, indigenous leaders, and student activists would have been inaccessible without my comfort with cross-cultural communication.

It is my current goal to make the most of my cross-cultural communication skills by working towards a career in immigration law. I plan to work for a few years in the non-profit sector or a legal position before attending law school; I’m not quite ready yet to face the prospect of all my classes being taught in English.