Graduates 2017-2018 Spring 2018

Senior Profile: Monica Thompson (French and Francophone Studies, ’18)

ThompsonThe past four years in the French department at William & Mary have given me countless memories and opportunities, both inside and outside the classroom. The French classes I’ve taken here have covered a diverse range of subjects- from art history, to Francophone North America, to the portrayal of monsters in 18th century literature- which has allowed me to explore a variety of interests while strengthening my French language skills. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to spend the summer after my sophomore year abroad in Montpellier. Not only did my French improve dramatically, but I gained a new appreciation for the culture and made lasting friendships with the other students on the trip. This experience abroad pushed me to pursue a way to return to France after graduation, and I’m excited to say that I will be participating in the TAPIF program as a teacher’s assistant in the Amiens region this coming school year. Thank you to all the professors in the French program who have made my time at William & Mary engaging, exciting, and unforgettable.