Graduates 2018-2019

Senior Profile: Kathryn Ault (French & Francophone Studies ’19)

When I came to William & Mary, I knew I wanted to continue my previous studies of French language and culture. I began with a single class in French & Francophone Studies, and before long, I had met so many supportive and encouraging professors and classmates, and expanded the depth and breadth of my learning further than I could have expected. One class led to another, and I decided to pursue a major. Through the department, I was able to study abroad in Montpellier, France in the summer of 2017, one of the highlights of my college experience. Some of my favorite classes I have taken during my college career have been with French & Francophone Studies. My professors in the department have been a continued source of support, both introducing me to new ideas and encouraging me to pursue my own interests in and out of the classroom; I can count many of my classmates in the department among my closest friends at William & Mary. I look forward to continuing to use and develop the knowledge I built here and sustain the relationships I have made as I transition away from my undergraduate career.

Ault crop