Graduates 2017-2018 Spring 2018

Senior Profile: Kate Qiu (Chinese Studies, ’18)

QuiI went into my Freshman year totally unsure of what I wanted to pursue. I have always been interested in my Chinese heritage, which led me take A Brand New China as my freshman seminar and enroll in the Heritage Speakers course. Every semester, I found myself wanting to make space to take more and more of the Chinese Program’s courses. After an amazing summer abroad at Tsinghua University, I knew I wanted to have Chinese as a major. I was also super invested in the Chinese Student Organization on campus and served as Secretary an then President. It made me super happy to be able to grow our presence on campus and share cultural traditions and experiences with the community. I’ve had a great college experience where I was able to learn more about myself and cross cultural communications through my studies and extracurriculars. Currently, I am working as a Marketing Operations Assistant at China Telecom Americas. I can definitely say my studies have helped prepare me for working at a company where east meets west.