Graduates 2018-2019

Senior Profile: Ola Pozor (Hispanic & Russian Studies ’19)

Since my very first early morning Russian 101 class and first Hispanic Studies Literature class my freshman year, I have been welcomed to the wonderful, tight-knit family that is the Modern Languages department. I’ve stretched far beyond mere “language and literature” courses, some of my favorites being, “Critiquing the American Dream,” The Politics of Food,” “Basque Identity and Resistance,” “Russian Olympics,” “Russian Media Culture,” and “Teaching English Abroad.” Further, my out of classroom experiences- studying abroad in Cádiz, living at the Hispanic House, interning at the Spanish Embassy in D.C., and doing field research in the Basque country- have made my experience so much more unique and enriching, preparing me for the real world. I have made some of my best friends with peers and developed close relationships with professors in this department and I know I will cherish my memories with them when I spend the next year teaching English in Spain in the Auxiliares de Conversación program. Special shoutouts to my incredible advisor, Profesora Buck, the best study abroad roommate, Hannah Major, the hilarious Professor Robert Mulcahy, and the most thought-provoking professor I’ve worked with, Professor Riofrío. Спасибо , Mil Gracias.

Pozor crop