Graduates 2018-2019

Senior Profile: Molly Keck (Hispanic Studies ’19)

I beyond grateful to the Hispanic Studies program and faculty for helping me grow tremendously as both a student and person. In addition to developing my language skills, the program has also inspired new passions for me that have motivated my future plans. After taking a wide variety of coursework, I have developed strong interests in studying Immigration, the Latinx Community, and State Terrorism and Violence in Latin America. I was extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to study abroad in Seville, Spain for a semester as well as doing a study away trip to Guatemala this past fall semester, and another study away trip to the Basque Country in Spain this past March. This semester I had the incredible opportunity to work as an intern with the National Security Archives, developing my research skills and knowledge of state terrorism in Argentina to the next level. I am beyond excited to carry over the skills and knowledge that I have obtained from this program to my job following graduation. Starting in June, I will be working as a Legal Assistant with the Detained Children’s Program for CAIR Coalition, an immigration legal services organization in Washington D.C.

Keck crop